Ipod To Rx330 Stereo Jack--comments?

A sound installer has offered to add a stereo jack (the red and white female stereo jacks on a TV or VCR) that connects into the Mark Levinson stereo system on my RX 330.

I am interested in connecting my iPod mini's jack to the red and white jacks so that I can play iPod selections into the car's stereo directly.

Will this work, or do I need extra equipment in the line or with the iPod?

I understand that I will not be able to control the iPod from the steering wheel and that the titles will not appear on the touch screen, I just want something better than an FM transmitter from the iPod to the stereo.

Thanks.

The most inexpensive way to play MP3 through an OEM stereo system is via a FM modulator, allowing actual physical signal connection of L/R channels at a pre-selected radio frequency. The sound quality should be comparable to FM radio without unwanted distortion found in FM transmitter that often has very poor transmission, resulting in poor reception and consequently unacceptable sound quality.

Other alternative is actual iPod adaptor like Dension or AIC-100i.