Rx330 Humming Noise

e2vincent

Hi All:

I took my '04 RX330 to the dealership for warranty repair for the humming noise during driving at low speed, a mechanic actually test drove together with me.

He found 1 problem with the A/C compressor with the engine block mount issue (from what I understand) that Lexus is working on TSB per his feedback.

But this will not take care of the rest of the humming noise. He told me it is the structure of this model year and the later model fixed the problem.

What can I do at this point, live with the humming noise for the rest of the life of the car ? It seems like my older '99 RX300 is quieter than this new one. Even my '93 Lexus LS400 beats the noise too.

Sigh...

BR,

V.

Hi All:

I took my '04 RX330 to the dealership for warranty repair for the humming noise during driving at low speed, a mechanic actually test drove together with me.

He found 1 problem with the A/C compressor with the engine block mount issue (from what I understand) that Lexus is working on TSB per his feedback.

But this will not take care of the rest of the humming noise. He told me it is the structure of this model year and the later model fixed the problem.

What can I do at this point, live with the humming noise for the rest of the life of the car ? It seems like my older '99 RX300 is quieter than this new one. Even my '93 Lexus LS400 beats the noise too.

Sigh...

BR,

V.

I had a humming noise too. It happened when decelerating from 35-25MPH. I took it in and the dealer applied a TSB to fix it. It had to do something with the transmission cooler lines. They applied additional insulation and the hum disappeared. I also had a slight "clunk" noise when decelerating. That was also fixed with the same TSB. I can probably find the TSB number but may take a little bit since its been awhile.

Cole

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...