Fog Lights... Stolen!

1998 GS400

yeah, so i walked by the front of my car just hours ago... and noticed a nice wire sticking out from the bumper. i bent over to look what the hell it was and then... i noticed my fog lights were gone!

so, instead of replacing them immediately... i'm asking is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? if i replace them, some one or the same person might take them again!

can we make these... "unstealable" or can i get like a cover to take the place of my missing fog lights? i dont' even the use fog lights... but it looks ugly without them being there.

There are special screws that have a head which cannot be removed unless you have a special screwdriver.

Or seal them in around the screws so that it will only be removed by you if it breaks otherwise the only way to get it out is going to break them.

Hey if you don;t have them then no one else can either .

1998 GS400

yeah, so i walked by the front of my car just hours ago... and noticed a nice wire sticking out from the bumper. i bent over to look what the hell it was and then... i noticed my fog lights were gone!

so, instead of replacing them immediately... i'm asking is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? if i replace them, some one or the same person might take them again!

can we make these... "unstealable" or can i get like a cover to take the place of my missing fog lights? i dont' even the use fog lights... but it looks ugly without them being there.

Really, stealing the foglights only takes less than 1 minute if you are good at it. 2 screws on each side of the foglights and that's it. I installed HID's in my foglights and had the 4 screws stripped to prevent anyone stealing them off my GS. And the screwdriver is a regular philip, nothing special.

this one is good for a permanent securing of the fogs ,beside unless you crack a lens you never need to remove them as you can replace the bulbs from underneath.

Besides you could always drill them out.

spinlok2.jpg

This page has quite a few other possibilities for removal later if needed.

http://www.brycefastener.com/spinlok.htm