Intermittent Electrical Prob...aaahhhhh!

Mr.SC

Hey guys whats up....

Here's the deal. Im driving and then the ABS and TRAC lights pop up on the dashboard. The radio is the first to shut off or make a loud distortion noise. So i shut that off. Then the dashboard begins to flash if I use the indicator. I turn off all lights/radio/air ...anything that used the battery power. Now the steering begins to be tough to turn. The second i turn the car off at this stage the car shuts down and has to be boosted in order to start.

The battery was replaced 10 months ago as well as the alternator(rebuilt). I took the car to have the battery and alternator tested at two different garages before taking it to Lexus. Both garages said absolutely nothing is wrong with either of them.

With the car at lexus the first time, they tested it and OBVIOUSLY they found nothing. Cause you know how probs just disspear at the dealership! They decided anyways to replace the Negative wiring to the battery which they thought was the prob. APPRENTLY NOT!...CDN 260$ later i left.(23$ for the wire the rest labour)

That evening i took the car home and after doing all my errands and onthe way home all the lights start popping up again and before you know it the car shut off.

Had it towed for the 3rd time back to lexus where they said "ok maybe its the battery." They were almost sure that it was that since on start up this car needs 750 amps or something like that. So this weekend one of their guys took the car home to test it with the battery that I have in the car. Should it shut down they would replace my bat with the bat from Lexus. Im going today to get my car and see what they say.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this is happening. Lexus checked out everything and they said the car is fine they cant find anything. There has to be something. Thanks for you help.

Ok so here's the update...

Just came back from lexus and they replaced the battery and this other little nut thing that holds in the negative terminal.....So everything seems fine for now!

If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks.