Bluetooth Connection?

hem

OK, just recently purchased a 2006 GS 300 and the Motorola V710 bluetooth capable phone. From what I understand you can't transfer the phonebook into the car. Does anyone know how to use the voice function of the phone while linked with the car connection?? Help please, I'm very perplexed

Do you happen to have Verizon as a carrier? If so and you do a web search though, you'll find that the main complaint about Verizon is that they turn off some of the bluetooth profiles (search for Verizon and OBEX). This means that you won't be able to transfer your phone book entries to the car.

the bluetooth connection disables the ability to have the phone voice dial as a safety feature. I have found that the V 710 wont ring in the GS .

One of Lexus excessive RIDICOULOUS safety features.

I have the V710 and it won't ring either - someone told me they get the E815 (the new V710) to ring, but I don't think that's true.

the worst thing is Verizon is telling customers they have updated the software to work. What I did for the phonebook. Dial a # from the nav screen. Hang up. Then I added from outgoiung calls to one-touch. I have the number but not the name.

I had one guy tell me it's a defect in the Motorla production line.

In terms of the phonebook, I bought a cheap non-Verizon bluetooth phone on EBAY. I paid 30 bucks and then added the numbers (with names) into the phone and then linked it up to download the phonebook.

The problem with not putting in the names is that when you get a phone call, if it is not in your phonebook, the caller ID is blank.