2001 Rx 300 - How Good A Deal Is This?

rockhead

Been looking for a low mileage RX 300 for quite a while. A connection of mine works in a dealership and called me tonight regarding a 2001 RX 300 2WD with only 38K on it. It's supposedly real clean and loaded - (CD, moonroof, etc.) Since it was a trade-in, the dealership does not have the service records on the vehicle. (So I don't know about the oil/transmision fluid change history). I plan to run a Carfax tomorrow.

The dealers price is going to be around 24K, but I could probably get first crack at it for around 21K. Researching the price on the web, it seems like a very good deal. What do you all think?

What should I know about the 2001 2WD RX's? Any particular issues or problems? As a result of this site, a few months back, I passed on a good deal on a 99 RX AWD due to the well-documented tranny problems. Is there anything about this year and model that stands out?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

If you have the VIN number you can call any Lexus dealer and they can look in there database for any work done at a Lexus dealer, If it was done at an independent shop your out of luck.

Jeff