Dvd On Navigation Screen

Hey guys, I'm new here. Hopefully picking up my Rx400 tonight or tomorrow. I say hopefully only because I'm a bit concerned about the anger and issues concerning the overblown gas mileage figures Lexus put out that no one's RX is living up to. That's not my question what I'm trying to find out is if you can watch DVDs on the navigation screen? My dealer doesn't have the RX I want with the rear seat DVD so he offered to install one that they put in other Lexus cars for me, bigger screen and all that. I asked if I can watch on the front Nav screen and he said he doesn't think so. basically that's my question, can you with the stock rear DVD system and doesn't anyone have an aftermarket version that allows you to do so. Thanks.

-ant

Hey guys, I'm new here. Hopefully picking up my Rx400 tonight or tomorrow. I say hopefully only because I'm a bit concerned about the anger and issues concerning the overblown gas mileage figures Lexus put out that no one's RX is living up to. That's not my question what I'm trying to find out is if you can watch DVDs on the navigation screen? My dealer doesn't have the RX I want with the rear seat DVD so he offered to install one that they put in other Lexus cars for me, bigger screen and all that. I asked if I can watch on the front Nav screen and he said he doesn't think so. basically that's my question, can you with the stock rear DVD system and doesn't anyone have an aftermarket version that allows you to do so. Thanks.

-ant

It is not legal in the United States to play a DVD on a screen which is visible to the driver while the vehicle is in motion. All manufacturers comply with this. That doesn't mean that there aren't numerous workarounds out there, however you are only asking for trouble if you try to watch a movie while you are driving.

-ant

You absolutely can watch DVDs on the front screen from the factory.  If you have the rear entertainment system, you can watch the DVD from back there on the front screen if you are parked and have the emergency brake engaged....

Excellent!! I thought so. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately my new RX has been delayed. The dealer low balled me big time on my trade-in. I was prepaired for a little bit of a loss but holy crap!! Anyway the sales person is working with me, my truck is in the paper and a bunch of sites and as soon as it sells my new RX will be ready and waiting for me.

You absolutely can watch DVDs on the front screen from the factory.  If you have the rear entertainment system, you can watch the DVD from back there on the front screen if you are parked and have the emergency brake engaged....

Excellent!! I thought so. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately my new RX has been delayed. The dealer low balled me big time on my trade-in. I was prepaired for a little bit of a loss but holy crap!! Anyway the sales person is working with me, my truck is in the paper and a bunch of sites and as soon as it sells my new RX will be ready and waiting for me.

Since you are in NJ also, I would suggest you give Lexus of Cherry Hill a call. Vehicles are in stock. They will negotiate. Their salesman are NOT on commission so the pressure was zero. Their offer on my trade was more than fair. Just thought you might want to check it out. (I have no relationship with anyone at this dealership. This is not a paid plug (though if they are decent guys they'll give me 2 % :whistles: ) but I found the experience more than reasonable).