1998 Es300 Carbon Filter

heejinp

Help! I am trying to install/replace the carbon filter on a 1998 ES300 and I can't locate it. The dealer tech person told me that it was located leftside of the console on the driver's side. But I have looked and I can't find it. Another tech told me it was behind the glovebox but I don't know how to look behind the glovebox...

Need help locating it and/or removing the glovebox on the 98 ES300 to replace the cabin carbon filter. Any help would be appreciated.

Pull the carpet back on the center consol where the driver's right foot is.

es-filter-location.jpg

es-filter-slot.jpg

Behind the glove box is where the blower is. It has a non-replaceable (I.e. you could rip it off & glue/tape a new one on) foam filter - reminescant of a small engine air filter (lawnmower) on it for recirculating cabin air. That is not to be confused with the filter you are looking for.

• 4 years later...

Pull the carpet back on the center consol where the driver's right foot is.

es-filter-location.jpg

es-filter-slot.jpg

Thanks for the photos. When I remove my rug, there is a white plastic panel, probably in front of what you took pictures of. I do not see the heater box, etc. Any suggestions on the proper way to remove this panel? There appears to be a clip at the top, with a wire harness running over the clip (or maybe part of the clip) and about in line with the gas pedal and then further back towards the seat there appear to be some type of screw? Doesn't have a "head" (flat or phillips) and do not rotate so I am baffled.

Appreciate any pointers. I don't want to break something just trying to get to the filter.