Steve, Help Please- Polish And Wax?

So I just bought the Basic Car Care System kit (http://www.crisp.net/home/joet/basic.html) and it has 4 parts: wash, pre-wax cleaner, polish, and wax.

I figured I just follow the steps 1,2,3, and 4, as the bottles are marked. Once I received the package, I got confused because the directions on the bottles kind of imply that I use either the polish or wax, though it does not state this directly.

The directions for the polish say to wait four hours between coats, and the wax recommends the same wait period between coats. The instructions say to use steps 1 and 2 before step 3 but dont say anything about step 4 (the wax, "finale"). Likewise, step 4 makes no mention of step 3 (the polish).

So should I use all four steps and just put the wax on top of the polish? If so, should I wait 4 hours before I apply the wax after polishing? This stuff was kind of expensive so I want to make the most out of it.

Thanks for all your help!

So I just bought the Basic Car Care System kit (http://www.crisp.net/home/joet/basic.html) and it has 4 parts: wash, pre-wax cleaner, polish, and wax.

I figured I just follow the steps 1,2,3, and 4, as the bottles are marked. Once I received the package, I got confused because the directions on the bottles kind of imply that I use either the polish or wax, though it does not state this directly.

The directions for the polish say to wait four hours between coats, and the wax recommends the same wait period between coats.  The instructions say to use steps 1 and 2 before step 3 but dont say anything about step 4 (the wax, "finale").  Likewise, step 4 makes no mention of step 3 (the polish).

So should I use all four steps and just put the wax on top of the polish? If so, should I wait 4 hours before I apply the wax after polishing?  This stuff was kind of expensive so I want to make the most out of it. 

Thanks for all your help!

A polish contains an abrasive for removing surface scratches, but I don’t understand the requirement to wait for four hours between coats, polish does not have a set-up time like wax nor a curing period requirement like a polymer sealant, and there is no need to use ‘coats’ of polish as the second coats abrasives would remove the first coat, and etc.

1.Wash

2. Use detailers Clay

3.Polish (if there are surface scratches that need to be removed)

4.Wax to provide surface protection (once applied wait for approx 10-20 minutes and wipe a finger across the waxed surface if your finger does not cause the wax to smear buff the reside to a shine. If you want to apply further coats of wax repeat the above after 1-2 hours

JonM

Cool, thanks guys. It took me about six hours but I used all four steps- it looks great- like glass. I didn't wait four hours for the polish to cure per the directions on the bottle, but I waited about 1.5 hours before applying the wax.

Today I'll put another coat or two of the wax on it... it says to wait four hours between coats for the wax, too. I'll have to try a clay bar next time, I couldnt find it in the local stores here so I guess I'll order some. Does it make a big difference in the appearance?

Also, did anyone check out the product I used? http://www.crisp.net/home/joet/basic.html

Just wondering if anyone had tried it or heard of it before.

Thanks again for the replies.

He's gotcha covered  :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Nope, never heard of it before.

As for the claybar it helps remove bonded contaminants and bugs, tar etc. It helps mainly with the feel of the paint.

WONT THE CLAY BAR IF USED AFTER WAXING ,REMOVE THE WAX AND BASICALLY CLEAN BACK TO PAINT SERFACE??? JUST WONDERING!!

Nope, never heard of it before.

As for the claybar it helps remove bonded contaminants and bugs, tar etc. It helps mainly with the feel of the paint.

WONT THE CLAY BAR IF USED AFTER WAXING ,REMOVE THE WAX AND BASICALLY CLEAN BACK TO PAINT SERFACE??? JUST WONDERING!!

Hi from the UK.

Just to butt in. Yep, the clay bar will remove the wax. The wax is a protectant to surface contamination, road debris etc. So always wax after clay-barring to leave the protective layer.

Basic steps :

1. wash the car

2. claybar

3. polish

4. wax

Hope this helps :cheers: