1990 L S 400 Emblems?

VBdenny

I'll have to assume that in 1990 the L S 400 didn't have the emblem on the back. I bought mine used and it doesn't have one, and it doen't look like someone peeled it off. I have seen other Gen 1 400's around with and without. Was 1990 the only year that didn't have a L S 400 emblem on the car? Also, why are some gold?

i think 94 was the firsr year that the emblems came out on the LS and your right i have also seen them on pre 94`s on the 94 the only changes to the car were some body enhancments like side skirts and so on and new bigger rims 16in. but over all it looks the same so some of the ones that you thought were 90`s LS400 could just have been a 94.

some are gold plated as an option. there are places that specialize in doing 24K gold plating if you want them done. :magic:

• 2 weeks later...

My 1992 doesn't have an emblem, and I've never seen a 1992 or earlier with one. It says "Lexus" and has an "L", but it doesn't say "LS400".

The gold package is a factory option. You can buy the gold ones from the dealer for a surprisingly reasonable price (less than my old Honda emblem by a long shot!)

Johann

I got a kick out of this. We spent last week in Kitty Hawk, NC and a friend of my daughters drove down in an old Chrysler minivan (which he carries his surfboards in). Instead of the Chrysler emblem on the back, he had a Lexus emblem. He said he was out to the junkyard, so he got it and glued it on his van. We then went surfing, then enjoyed some AB's. Other than locking the keys in the trunk of my Chevy, It was cool.