Xm Radio In 2006 Gs300

I've seen a few posts from people who have reported the same problem that their XM Radio does not display more than 10 characters of the Artist or song name, nor does it scroll across the screen.

This seems rather absurd to me as there is ample space (almost 3 1/2 inches) of display for both the Artist name and song title.

I've called XM, who's tech seem rather unmotivated and just say its the Dealer's responsibilty. I've called the dealer who at least recognizes the problem but is also clueless.

Has anyone come across a fix for this? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a few posts from people who have reported the same problem that their XM Radio does not display more than 10 characters of the Artist or song name, nor does it scroll across the screen.

This seems rather absurd to me as there is ample space (almost 3 1/2 inches) of display for both the Artist name and song title.

I've called XM, who's tech seem rather unmotivated and just say its the Dealer's responsibilty.  I've called the dealer who at least recognizes the problem but is also clueless.

Has anyone come across a fix for this?  Thanks.

I have the same problem. From what I have gathered to this point, Delphi Electronics (248-813-2000) manufactured the XM adapter to my car. I'll call them in the next few days. I don't believe they will be of much help. The main problem in my opinion lies in the radio/navigation interface configuration. This is a Lexus problem!

This type of problem is also seen in the telephone directory, which only allows 13 characters. Yet, in the Navigation Supplement one can see Japanese names with 30 characters.

If you have found an answer to the problem please e-mail at loody@verizon.net

My 2006 GS is actually at the dealer today getting SIRIUS installed - I'll let you know if I have the same problem

does Sirius require aftemarket kit or can it be installed to factory sound setup

It is installed just like XM (i.e. you hit the AM/SAT button and go straight to it).

As to the question on the ARTIST and TITLE, same problem occurs here, only it's worse. The only way you can see the artist is by hitting the TEXT button. My understading is that with XM you can see the Artist & title when looking at the 6 preset buttons... Is that right?