Want To Know Common Suspenison Problems

hi. i regularly take care and maintain a friends 99 GS400 and well lately there is vibration in the steering wheel at about 60, anything above or below it doesnt do it. could that be a suspension issue or a tire issue?

hi. i regularly take care and maintain a friends 99 GS400 and well lately there is vibration in the steering wheel at about 60, anything above or below it doesnt do it. could that be a suspension issue or a tire issue?

My ride does the same thing. A 99 GS400. My best guess is that the guy who owned it before me and dropped it, never had it realigned after that. If you drop your ride, you should have an alignment done. Usually your camber is off a little and you will get that vibration b/w about 60-70 mph. Take a look at your rubber. It is probably pre-maturely wearing on the insides. Have a good shop do an alignment and this SHOULD take care of your prob.

I am planning on riding this set of rubber out and getting an alignment done after my new tires. Does anyone know if this is hard on steering/suspension, etc.? Plus I am having a little squeaking noise coming from my right front when going over bumps and dips. Is this most likely a strut issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

no its stock hight so less likely that its a allignment issue plus it only has 24k miles on it but it could be that she ran over something.

If she ran over something, she might have knocked the alignment off a little... I would probably still start there. I always recommend checking the cheapest possible solution first, for obvious reasons.

• 3 weeks later...