1999 Gs400 Automatic Door Lock Problem

I have a 1999 GS400. I am having a problem with my automatic door locks. This is either using the remote or the buttons on the door panel itself. It seems when it is hot out, I am lucky to have 2 doors unlock, sometimes only one will. They also will not lock. I have to manually lock certain doors. When the outside temperature cools down, everything works just fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for the input.

But would the heat cause the actuators to freeze up and not work?

Sure could! They may need to be lubed, have dust in them? The only real way to be sure is to check it out. I would try cleaning and lubing the lock mechanism and see if that helps. If it does you owe me a cold one if I'm ever in ABQ. :D

Due to the enclosed design of the actuator/latch assembly, there isn't much you can do when they don't work. The only success I have personally seen with these is replacement of the affected units. The lock motor, door open switch and door locked switched are enclosed inside the latch and it cannot be dissassembled.

Front latch assemblies are about $250 at you dealer or a little less at Hoy Fox. Rear lock assemblies are about the same. Replacement isn't too hard. Instructions are here.