Engine Jerking

sank

Hi all I have had my 1992 ES300 in good mechanical and suprisingly body condition I have had it for about a year and a half now with little or no problems . This car has 167000 miles on it I have traveled the country with it to miami, dallas, kc you name it .I have one problem though every time or most of the time when stepping on the gas pedal and letting go . The engine kinda jerks like something is loose or something it should be a smooth transition when giving the pedal some gas and then letting go there is always a gunk noise or feel . I just recently changed the front motor , and torque strut mounts but it still does it. Also when cruising at a speed of 40mph with the foot on the pedal the car starts to jerk in small heaves. Its not a major deal but I sure would love to have it running almost like new. please help thanks!!. :cheers:

I get that jerk when I let off the accelerator pedal too. I think it's the throttle return spring; I'm sure minne could open and close a screen door. Yea it's aggrivating, but you need to learn how to mess with the throttle cables first before having a go at it, always helps to do a little research first. :geek:

In no official order:

Sticking throttle plate

Mis-adjusted throttle cable

Worn out dogbone mount

To rule out the throttle cable, you can simply grab the throttle itself & rev the engine.

The throttle itself can be cleaned by hand with a cleaner & scrub brush. For that matter, it'll run like a brand new engine if you take the entire upper intake air chamber off, clean the inside by hand & clean all the components on it (ISC, EGR valves).

Thanks all for your input. Where are the EGR valve, throttle return springs located in a 92' es300?. I would prefer to work on it myself rather than have some one do it thats if it's not too involving. Also I tried to clean my air intake sensor but all I found when I took apart was a chamber that you could clean with a swifer duster. where is the air sensor located and how do I get to it to clean it?. In regards to the Engine jerking Toysrme suggested a worn out dogbone mount I already replaced it with a new one. I would like to know more about adjusting the throttle cable and return springs thanks all. :cheers: