Slim Jim Busted My Locks {help}

I locked myself out of my 93' GS300 (yet again) today. :blink:

But this time someone attempted to get me back in using a slim jim on both my front doors.

Not only did he NOT get me into my car, but after I finally got my spare key, the front door locks are literally unable to be unlocked.

The auto button in the key still works and you can hear the Actuator clicking and even moving the door locks. But try as i might they just won't open.

Even if I reach inside and try to physically move the lock to the unlock position it just won't go.

I can't even get the door panel off because the door won't unlock to open.

I tried to undo the battery cables...thinking this might reset something...but no such luck.

I called the dealer and was told simply I had to bring it into them to be evaluated and fixed...can you say $$$$$$$$$ Cha-Ching!

Anyone have any idea how to fix it or what to expect if I have to resort to bringing into the dealer? :cries:

When dealing with a slim jim the user needs to be extremly careful. Moving it up and down with hard quick movements can cause the rod inside the door to be damaged. I know this because I used to be a police officer and damaged a few myself before learning to be more patient. You may want to check with a auto-glass repair shop first. Should be alot cheaper.

Doesn't the '93 have two boden cables to operate the lock and the latch as opposed to rods going from the door handle? The only rods would be short ones connecting the outside handle and lock cylinder to the latch. I agree that something is bent or stuck preventing the lock button from unlocking the door.

Suggestion: Remove the front seat to get more room to access the panel. Remove the panel and have a look inside. You might need a flashlight and/or a mirror to see inside.