Lg Vx 8100 Cell Phone And The Rx400h

Does anyone own the new LG VX8100 phone with Bluetooth? I had a Motorola E815 that my wife was using. She was having problems with the phone in general, so we traded it for the LG. We were new to Verizon, so we had a trial period and were able to trade without cost.

Since we are still waiting for our Lexus RX 400h to arrive and haven’t had the chance to try the new LG phone on the car system; does anyone own this phone? How does it pair with the car? I know the carrier Verizon has disabled the OBEX feature………so I know the phone book will not transfer from this phone because that part was crippled. I would hope the rest of the stuff will work, like calling and answering and hang up, etc. Any information will be helpful and appreciated!

:rolleyes:

Does anyone own the new LG VX8100 phone with Bluetooth? I had a Motorola E815 that my wife was using. She was having problems with the phone in general, so we traded it for the LG. We were new to Verizon, so we had a trial period and were able to trade without cost.

Since we are still waiting for our Lexus RX 400h to arrive and haven’t had the chance to try the new LG phone on the car system; does anyone own this phone? How does it pair with the car? I know the carrier Verizon has disabled the OBEX feature………so I know the phone book will not transfer from this phone because that part was crippled. I would hope the rest of the stuff will work, like calling and answering and hang up, etc. Any information will be helpful and appreciated!

Maybe dumb, maybe not... go to the dealership and TRY the phone in their demonstrator! It's not like it will ruin either the car or your phone to try it and the dealer might appreciate knowing whether it will work or not! :rolleyes:

Maybe dumb, maybe not... go to the dealership and TRY the phone in their demonstrator! It's not like it will ruin either the car or your phone to try it and the dealer might appreciate knowing whether it will work or not! :rolleyes:

Thank you RolandB, That's a great idea except my dealer is 35 mils away from where I live. We have stopped at this dealer many times to veiw the 400h with no luck of finding one on the lot. I guess we could test it in a RX 330....it should be the same navigation system? In the mean time I would still love to hear from anyone who owns this phone.

I recently traded in my VX8000 for the 8100, however I do not have a 400h. I believe that all Verizon phones are only "semi-BlueTooth", with some owners having luck and other not when using the phone to make calls, upload phone books, speed dials, etc. In general, the 8100 is a great phone, smaller, louder, and has very clear calls compared to my 8000, which I was given pre-production to beta test, so it had some flaws that I hope were fixed before being available to the market.

Try a search for BlueTooth and navigation, some people have had luck with other Lexus' NAV systems, and probably apply to you as well.

Good luck. B)

I had the LG and I just traded it for the motorola E815..with the LG you wont be able to see the signal strength bars in the car and your radio volume wont lower when a call comes in..you wont have this problem with the motorola..if you want to download the phonebook you have to either borrow a friends phone with a different carrier and download your book from there or you can go to a local cellular auto place and they will probably do it for you for a small fee