Polish, Wax And Gloss

Using my orbitz I just did the whole process of polish, wax and gloss. LEXUS looks great and I am looking for guidance if there is anything else I need to do for the best look I can get?

I plan on getting the paint pen and then touch up a few spots. Wish me luck.

Today I bought the clay bar and detail spray wax. I tried to get out old deep oxidation or bird dropping damage. So as it works out I dont think the clay bar did much with the oxidation. Obviously I am trying to get the best looking paint job possible, but maybe my expectations are to high for a 93LS?

The clay bar won't do anything with the oxidation, it can only be removed by compounding or by using a chemical paint cleaner like Klasse AIO.

The problem's with the process and the technique, keep reading and working on it you'll get there ;)

Man I wasted 17 bucks on some stupid clay.

I did not buy this until my friend who had the clay stated it would clear it out. I have AIO so I will try that.. Apply it directly and let it sit?

Also the spots look like heat damage. You know how they used to have the comercial that showed the guy lighting a part of car on fire. The he what looked like to me a deep burnt mark. This is what I have. When I get home I will try AIO and then see what happens.

I think it was a stupid error to use the clay since I just buffed the LS.

No you didn't, clay does a job just not that job. Claying removes imbedded contaminants from the paint, things that make the paint feel rough. It will also remove tar, sap, and bug etchings.

Normally the claying would have been done before the polishing though.

For the AIO you want to work it in, either with the PC and a polsihing pad or by hand.