Oil Leak

I have just fixed a valve cover oil leak that was not much of a leak at all but it cause a burnt oil smell and I had it fixed. This morning I drove the car hard and white smoke started to come out of engine compartment does this spell doom. I see a new leak and it is leaking directly on top of my transmission. The area the oil is coming from seems to be close to the disbuter cap but I can not pin point it the oil does seem bad but it is causing smoke what can it be? And my check engine light comes on after I move the car and turns off when I shut it down it does not come on until I drive a few blocks my menchanic say it is a code for knock sensor but he say the engine is not knocking or even close to knocking- he turns it off and it just comes back on what can it be the same code over and over again 55 or 52. by the way the car is a 93 es3oo with 180000.00miles on it.

Ya, knock sensors & the wires wear out. (Normally the wires) It's pretty common for them to get knocked around if you pull the heads off, or the (lower) intake manifold.

It's probably the distributor O ring, or that area of the valve cover gasket. My o-ring & the valve cover gasket started leaking a little bit too.