Drive Line Shutter

Booyah

Got a question,

I have just driven my dads 99' RX300 AWD and from a start, if you get on the gas a decent amount you feel like a shutter going through the whole car. Once you get going the shudder goes away?

Its just happens when you go from a stop? ANyone have knowledge of this and what the fix is if any?

You didn't say how many miles are on this RX but it sounds like a torque converter problem. A " shudder " can also be caused by a loose wheel or a CV joint if it is All Wheel Drive. If it were mine I'd have it checked before I drove it again.

You didn't say how many miles are on this RX but it sounds like a torque converter problem.  A " shudder " can also be caused by a loose wheel or a CV joint if it is All Wheel Drive.  If it were mine I'd have it checked before I drove it again.

I also own a 99 rx300 (110k) and have a shudder from 2nd to 3rd under heavy acceleration. Anyone with similar experience and had it fixed?