Sensor Lights On But Car Works Fine... Part Ii

baul79racer

Hello It's me again, '91 LS 400 with 162k.

A little background, I resolve the first problem...the alternator.

When doing so... you must disconnect the battery. So I did.

When it's time for reconnecting I forgot my code to unlock the SEC antitheft system for the radio. How brain dead or clueless of me to not write it down. I did feel pretty stupid of not doing it. I did learn a lesson and a nice price to get it fix. Lexus Dealer = $100.00 ouch! I need the radio back for nice pleasant rides.

Well, anyway that was Aug. 4th 2005 when I took the Lex in for the service. Now today is 8/6/05 12:17a.m. Bellevue,WA time.

Here's is the problem... I went to Safeway buy some goodies for tomorrow Seafair show of the Blue Angels. When I came back to the Lex start her up the Trac OFF indicator light came on and Engine system warning light came on both at the same time. I was thinking? Could it be that When the Lex was service 8/4/05. Couldn't it be that they may have mess with the trac button which is next to the radio. Trac button on '91 LS 400 is on the bottom left hand corner of the radio and its right above the ashtray, trac button.

The Lexus ran beautiful like it always does. It did test out the trac system and no vibration came on as active or the trac light flash. I don't know what the engine system warning ligth means. It seems to me a broad problem without figuring out what symtoms to look at first. Let me know anyone if they had this kind of problem? And I probably going back to the Lexus dealer after some results from the lexus owners.

I hope there's not a Part III to this story.

Paul

Thanks I got some good info. I'll try it.

By the way, I was driving the Lex the trac OFF light and engine warning light

automatically turn off for such strange reason everything works again. Now I don't kow if the Lex has a code. It won't to try it.

I imagine something when bizarre in the brain of the ECU that day. And she"Lex" fix her self.