Es300 How To Replace Fog Lights

My front passenger side fog light has been out for awhile. I finally went and got a bulb but am not sure how to replace it. Can anyone please tell me how to get in and replace the bulb? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

it would help tremendously if you could mention the year of your ES as different years have different bulb types and placement.

If it is an H7 buld and is a 2000-2005, then I have a write up already done that will help you.

let us know.

steviej

it would help tremendously if you could mention the year of your ES as different years have different bulb types and placement.

If it is an H7 buld and is a 2000-2005, then I have a write up already done that will help you.

let us know.

steviej

Yeah, sorry about that. I have a '93. The bulb is an H3 55 watt. I already have the bulb, I just need help trying to replace it.

Justin

The plastic grill is snapped in, it pulls out. Then there are 2, or 3 bolts you remove to drop a housing down. 10 / 12mm I do believe. The 3rd / 4th bolt, accessable from the front doesn't hold it up. That's your up / down aiming device.

That's as best I can do from memory. It's been... Three years now since I replaced mine.

You might as well pull the housings down & polish the lens. It'll be pock marked from rocks & crap!

Just remember, the last thing you do before putting the bulb in is wipe it off with rubbing alcohol. Fingerprint residue would kill the bulbs quickly in a tiny projeector like our fog lights!

The plastic grill is snapped in, it pulls out. Then there are 2, or 3 bolts you remove to drop a housing down. 10 / 12mm I do believe. The 3rd / 4th bolt, accessable from the front doesn't hold it up. That's your up / down aiming device.

That's as best I can do from memory. It's been... Three years now since I replaced mine.

You might as well pull the housings down & polish the lens. It'll be pock marked from rocks & crap!

Just remember, the last thing you do before putting the bulb in is wipe it off with rubbing alcohol. Fingerprint residue would kill the bulbs quickly in a tiny projeector like our fog lights!

I didn't have to remove my housings or grill to replace the fog light bulbs in my '93. The housings are accessible from below the grill. Unscrew the back of the housing, the bulb is held in place by a little wire spring - unclip it and the bulb pulls right out. Sounds easy, right? Well you need to have double jointed wrists, it's quite tight in there. But I had no major trouble. Be really careful not to touch the bulbs at all (I wear a pair of cheap cotton gardening gloves when I change mine), also be really careful not to get any dirt, grease, or other crud on the bulbs as you are putting them into the housings.

I replaced my original H3 fog light bulbs with Silverstars (they were on sale). My headlight bulbs are also Silverstars, they are awesome, I'm really happy with the increased light output over stock. They are expensive, but worth it IMHO. I'm not so sure about the fog lights - I would probably just stick with stock H3's for them next time, there doesn't seem to be enough difference to justify the increased price of the Silverstars. IMHO, as usual.

tck...