A/c Question

is it normal to hear from inside the cabin the a/c compressor running? if not what type or viscosity of oil should i buy? i saw at autozone two types, one with a viscosity of 40 and the other a viscosity of 100?

thanks

andrecat112

You might need new compressor or clutch. Maybe a recharge but depends on the sound.

my compressor was whining a ton too, I think it was caused by low refrigerant/oil as my pressure switch has now turned off my ac permanently

tough to say as a bearing can whine as well

I suggest checking the low side pressure (easy to do), If it is in the right range I doubt your oil magically escaped out of the system.

Does you compressor cycle quickly i.e. every 5 seconds, mine did that too.

my compressor was whining a ton too, I think it was caused by low refrigerant/oil as my pressure switch has now turned off my ac permanently

tough to say as a bearing can whine as well

I suggest checking the low side pressure (easy to do), If it is in the right range I doubt your oil magically escaped out of the system.

Does you compressor cycle quickly i.e. every 5 seconds, mine did that too.

last time i checked the freon level was good. does this mean the oil level is good also? i dont think it cycles every 5 seconds (maybe when im sitting in rush hour traffic + hot temps), but ill double check to see. i do notice the "clicking" sound when the compressor engages.

andrecat