Dead Battery-windows, Locks, Seats Shot

kevinh

Left dome light on. The light killed my battery. AAA stopped by with a battery booster.

Car started up after boost but now my:

1. drivers side no longer can control passenger windows

2. memory seat function no longer will accept a memory setting

3. drivers side key windows up function busted

Anyone know what this could be?

• 2 years later...
Left dome light on. The light killed my battery. AAA stopped by with a battery booster.

Car started up after boost but now my:

1. drivers side no longer can control passenger windows

2. memory seat function no longer will accept a memory setting

3. drivers side key windows up function busted

Anyone know what this could be?

I just got back into town and, having disconnected my RX-330's battery for 7 weeks, experienced the same problem. It turns out the windows have to be "re-initialized", according to my dealer.

1) start the car

2) open each passanger door

3) put the window all the way up & down 3 times by physically holding the button in the up/down position - do not use the one touch automatic way

I just did this on mine and it worked

Ken

The one thing I don't read in your post is whether or not you put your battery on a charger. I have friends who think that get a jump start and then either driving around or letting the car idle for a while will charge the battery. Alternators were never designed to recharge a dead battery. I would put your battery on a charger for a minimum of six hours and then accomplish the procedure that others have suggested.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Individually lower each window half way and then all the way up. After doing that from each windown position, your driver window control will miraculously work again. The roof window reset is more difficult, at least for me. This is covered in the manual, toward the back, when discussing replacing the battery.