Sponsorships?

Well i've been wondering about this for awhile so I thought I would just post it up here.

I was wondering how somebody gets sponsored by companies/businesses for their cars. I've seen on multiple peoples signatures/photos that say they are sponsored

how does that work? do they just give you free parts in exchange for advertising for them?

any input would be appreciated...

Sponsorships are never easy to close. First you will already need to have an extensive list of modifications etc. already. The EASIEST way to attain sponsorship from companies is already receiving confirmation from a magazine publication that your car will be featured in an upcoming magazine. The hardest way is gradually building your car from the ground up after spending over $10,000 AT LEAST and then companies will tend to notice your car more. First submit a proposal to whatever company you are looking to get a discount/free parts on. This proposal would talk about yourself, your car, current/future mods etc. Sponsors RARELY give out free stuff but most are able to give you a great % off retail for sporting a sticker or attending car show/features in magazines etc. Any publicity for the company is good for them and they recognize that by different forms of sponsorship. Hope this info helped B)