Turbo Question For Gs400

what am I looking at to put a single turbo kit in my 98 GS400. I did a search and did not see anything that really related to that. There were some for the GS300 and the IS300 but not the 400. Anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

what am I looking at to put a single turbo kit in my 98 GS400. I did a search and did not see anything that really related to that. There were some for the GS300 and the IS300 but not the 400. Anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

it would be a great task to undertake putting a turbo on a GS 400/430. There would be too much piping envolved. If you want to turbo the vehicl you should look at doing a twin turbo set-up. The reason is that the motors in the IS 3 and the GS 3 are inline 6's. The motor in the 400/430 is a V8. menaing, the other two motors have the exhaust porting on the same side. the 8's do not, they have two exhaust outlets. hope this helps..

turbo? just go supercharged...personally i think turbo should be for manual cars...supercharged is for autmatics thats just my opinion...they already have supercharger set ups for the gs400...if you wanna go turbo...you might as well do a supra tt motor swap...and change your transmission while your at it..but its gonna cost some change..haha...good luck..."stick with boltons"

turbo? just go supercharged...personally i think turbo should be for manual cars...supercharged is for autmatics thats just my opinion...they already have supercharger set ups for the gs400...if you wanna go turbo...you might as well do a supra tt motor swap...and change your transmission while your at it..but its gonna cost some change..haha...good luck..."stick with boltons"

Just not the case. Turbochargers and superchargers can go on an automatic or manual tanrsmisson vehicle. The main diff between the two is a turbo's power is from mid to high end and a superchargeer is low to mid, but falls off on the top end.

I know there would be piping issues.. I am aware of the design differences and all the fun stuff but did not know if they had anything out there for it yet. I like the idea of Turbo better because you get more HP and TQ gains for the buck it seems.

Yes the Turbos do take time to build boost (mid to hi range) but it seems like turbos help the engines last longer and are not as tough on the internals. I know that SC build the boost fast then kind of level off, if not drop BUT the engines do not seem to last as long when they are SC..

What do you guys think?? I guess I would not mind looking more into the SC for my GS but can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

oh and on a side note..

Turbos, in my experience, work better on autos.. Reason being is that you do not loose your boost at shift points like you would on a manual.

Example..

Two equally matched supras same horse power numbers and TQ numbers run in the 1/4 the auto would win almost every time.

Reason no boost lost during shifting (unless the manual guy is a mean !Removed! power shifter) and the auto is more consistant on the runs. The manual would start to walk after a bit though do to drive train loss on the auto.

Just my .02 from all the cars I have seen run at the tracks.

I know there would be piping issues..  I am aware of the design differences and all the fun stuff but did not know if they had anything out there for it yet.  I like the idea of Turbo better because you get more HP and TQ gains for the buck it seems.

Yes the Turbos do take time to build boost (mid to hi range) but it seems like turbos help the engines last longer and are not as tough on the internals.  I know that SC build the boost fast then kind of level off, if not drop BUT the engines do not seem to last as long when they are SC..

What do you guys think??  I guess I would not mind looking more into the SC for my GS but can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

What make you say SC put more stress on the engine? They are all forced induction. Turbo is free hp and SC drive off the crank. For more info turbo read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

JPI