Carfax Or Autocheck.com

car fax has twice as many sources. They now collect bodyshop data. So there is a chance there was no police report but they will find a bodyshop report .

Wow!! I thought Carfax and Autocheck were the same. Where do you get your information? I'd like to confirm this before I change my subscription. Thanks.

experience. Most dealers use auto checque because it cheaper. Auto checque is more accurate but has alot less sources the carfax. They are good for identifying fleet or rental cars and titling things.Im sure car fax talks about it on there website. Word of caution with either. A large percentage of cars that I have appraised with heavy accident damage had no history on either. the ones they did have for accidents were mainly parking lot scrapes.

And a about half of the cars they would identify as possible odemeter rollback were from the local mechanic typing in the inspection mileage wrong . So look at all the mileage reports and if the car had 36k miles and the time of inspection it showed 63k or vice versa dont write the car off without further inquiry.

I know car fax will identify if the car was purchased at any auction. Be leary of cars being registered in different states. Someone could by a salvaged car in Florida where the title ids usually stamped Salvage, then take it to a state like Georgia and title it there. Georgia doesnt stamp the title. So another state and sold and titled without salvage appearing.