Replacement Tires - Suggestions?

Cubana19

I need to replace the tires on my '02 IS300. I had Yokohama AVS Sports on them but was not happy with them (they didn't last very long). The people at TireRack are suggesting to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE750s. I am also looking at the Avon Tech M500s, Continental ContiSportContact 2 and the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx only because they are the other tires available for my car on TireRack. In reality, I am open to any suggestions. I live in Florida so am looking for good wet traction and I would like a decent treadlife.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance. :huh:

I need to replace the tires on my '02 IS300. I had Yokohama AVS Sports on them but was not happy with them (they didn't last very long). The people at TireRack are suggesting to go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE750s. I am also looking at the Avon Tech M500s, Continental ContiSportContact 2 and the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx only because they are the other tires available for my car on TireRack. In reality, I am open to any suggestions. I live in Florida so am looking for good wet traction and I would like a decent treadlife.

What do you guys think?

For long life.....

I got 37K on my OEM Dunlop 9000s (I actually I ran to 40k but it was dodgy)

Great life with even wear until it went beyond 37k. Many other IS owners have gone 35K with these.

What do you guys think?

For long life.....

I got 37K on my OEM Dunlop 9000s (I actually I ran to 40k but it was dodgy)

Great life with even wear until it went beyond 37k. Many other IS owners have gone 35K with these.

Right. My OEM Dunlops lasted well too.

If your OEM's are 205x55x16, suggest Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 (info from from tirerack.com)

If they're 215/45-17, suggest Michelin Pilot Sport (info from Tirerack.com)

We're in NC and run the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on our '02 LS430 (wouldn't buy the car without them). Replaced them this month with 40+k on them at about $145/tire (mounted and balanced). We have a local tire store (Taylor) which will match or better the best on-line or other local prices. I did add, for $5 a tire, road hazard coverage. I followed my wife home from the store and watched her drive over glass and debris from a very recent wreck 1/2 mile from the store, but no damage to the tires (magically due to the road hazard warranty??).

• 3 weeks later...

What do you guys think?

ok in ur situation....stay away from P-zero ...... the bridgestone is a good idea........but try these........check our the Nitto NT-555's there good for your car and they have new tech....and really god traction.......bt are still god for everyday driving

good luck~~~~~~~Matt

• 2 months later...

I had the same question when it came to replacing my "rear's" and did a bunch of homework too. I just put a set of 225/45/zr17 Avon 550's on the rear of my 02 IS300 and so far, so good. My only beef is that they tend to "set" a little bit later in the corners. If I did it again, I'd go with the 215/45/zr17's next. Got the best deal from Tirerack.com.

Good luck

I'm also looking to replace the tires on my 2000 RX300, but not because of wear. Currently have Michelin LTX M&S tires (225/70R16). They were put on after I had ~8000 miles on the original Goodyear Integritys, at which point the latter showed really bad feathering. Dealer did a 4-wheel alignment check (so they said, but I just recently found out they didn't) and said they would let me put on new tires of my choosing. I like Michelins in general, and these tires are great in snow, but lousy in most other respects, especially wet traction and NOISE! I want to get rid of them mostly because of the noise, which has gotten worse with time.

I looked into all the tires Tire Rack offers in this size. Read the reviews. The absolute top tire (#1) of all the tires in the (light truck) class is the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. People who've owned them actually rave about them. The only problem with them is price. Tire Rack's price is $116, and that's before S/H, mounting/balancing, tire disposal fees. After adding all that in, it's about $143/tire. While I still weighing my options, I'll probably just swallow hard and get them.