Spongy Brakes After Service

lexs400

Hello All,

I have a 1990 LS400 and it recently had the following brake work done.

Front rotors resurfaced, new oem brake pads, and the two front brake hoses replaced (due to small leak in the hose).

The work was done at an indy, and while replacing the hoses, apparently enough fluid had leaked causing the master cylinder reservoir to be nearly emply which could have induced air in the system.

The LS has traction control.

The car has had very very mushy / spongy pedal ever since.

The brakes to work and stops the car, but there's never a point in the brake pedal where it would actually stop and not travel any further towards the firewall.

with sligh pressure the pedal goes all the way to the floor with engine running.

With engine off, the pedal does not sink at all. But with pressure on the brake pedal while engine is off, once the engine is turned on, as soon as the hydraulic booster kicks in, the pedal goes all the way to the floor with the pressure that was already on it...

The bleeding done by the indy's has been just opening the 4 valves at the 4 ends and bleeding conventional way.

I have read the service manual and there's description of the bleeding of traction system however I am not sure how to have the TRAC pump operated as it is described in the service manual to be able to bleed the air out.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thnx.