Rx400h Chrome Wheels

My dealer said not to get my factory wheels 'chromed". Has anybody done this? Is there a vendor that will do an exchange? I understand that the 330 wheels should not be used?

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

My dealer said not to get my factory wheels 'chromed". Has anybody done this? Is there a vendor that will do an exchange? I understand that the 330 wheels should not be used?

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

I believe this has been discussed here previously.

It is my understanding from my dealer that the 400h wheels are specific to the 400h and should not be changed. But, whether that's set in stone, I can't say for sure.

By the way, did you buy your 400h from the "S" dealership or the "PP" dealership?? Just curious. Our 400h came from "S" dealership.

I got it from "PP", flint mica / black, all options. Actually it arrives 7/29, but have already purchased it and have the VIN.

Any reason why the 400h rims couldn't be chromed? There are several companies that do that, even on an exchange basis. Just have to be positive that the wheels are the exact 2006 factory wheels. I can't / don't understand why the dealers are saying no.

Thx,

Ray

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

It is my understanding from my dealer that the 400h wheels are specific to the 400h and should not be changed. But, whether that's set in stone, I can't say for sure.

By the way, did you buy your 400h from the "S" dealership or the "PP" dealership?? Just curious. Our 400h came from "S" dealership.

I got it from "PP", flint mica / black, all options. Actually it arrives 7/29, but have already purchased it and have the VIN.

Any reason why the 400h rims couldn't be chromed? There are several companies that do that, even on an exchange basis. Just have to be positive that the wheels are the exact 2006 factory wheels. I can't / don't understand why the dealers are saying no.

Thx,

Ray

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Seems to me that having the factory wheels "chromed" might be okay but I'm no expert. Chroming probably would add weight to the wheels. That might be a problem. But, as I said, I'm no expert.

I know this is off the subject but did "PP" discount the vehicle you are purchasing?? "S" gave us $1,000 off sticker and over value for trade-in. "S" had exact vehicle we were looking for on their lot. Black/Ivory, all options. Closed the deal in a total of 2 days. Nice ride. I think I inquired with "PP" but got no response.

Hard to say...yes, PP did discount in the same range, but I had a trade too, and it's hard to know where you really are at. And I had purchased an LS430 and a LX470 over the last few years from the same sales rep. Also had purchased a new '04 RX330 from "S" less than a year ago, but they didn't seen to have much selection or desire to deal on a hybrid.

On the chrome wheels, the Lexus web site actually offered the RX330 chrome wheels as an option until recently. I hope someone responds here that has had their RX400h wheels chromed and is satisfied. Or better yet, purchased them from a Lexus dealer.

Thx, Ray

Thx,

Ray

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Seems to me that having the factory wheels "chromed" might be okay but I'm no expert. Chroming probably would add weight to the wheels. That might be a problem. But, as I said, I'm no expert.

I know this is off the subject but did "PP" discount the vehicle you are purchasing?? "S" gave us $1,000 off sticker and over value for trade-in. "S" had exact vehicle we were looking for on their lot. Black/Ivory, all options. Closed the deal in a total of 2 days. Nice ride. I think I inquired with "PP" but got no response.

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer routinly sells the 400h with the OEM wheels that have been chromed (was $1795 addon)...

As far as I can tell this is OK... if that's what you want.

When I told my sales guy that the marked up wheels were a deal breaker, he agreeded to let me have the car with the un-molested OEM wheels.

My dealer routinly sells the 400h with the OEM wheels that have been chromed (was $1795 addon)...

When I told my sales guy that the marked up wheels were a deal breaker, he agreeded to let me have the car with the un-molested OEM wheels.

What dealer did you work with in California?

Thanks

What dealer did you work with in California?

Thanks

Lexus of Westminster

I don't know if they are still doing it but Crown Lexus in Ontario was putting chrome RX 330 rims on the 400h... a definite no-no.

Both the El Monte and Fresno Lexus dealers were not interested in marking up the sale price by providing this or any other dealer added options. I was going to buy from them when Westminster agreed to "off the truck" condition.

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Ray,

This was on Ebay this week. Exchange RX400h chromed wheels.$550 plus shipping. This was the company listed. Hope this helps?

OEMRIMS COMPANY

Visit our eBay Store! OEMRIMS INC

CALL US @ 714-940-1761 OR EMAIL: OEMRIMSCOMPANY@AOL.COM

Thanks! Incredibly, that is exactly who I purchased them from, and am very pleased. And yes, they were factory orininal RX400h rims.

Thanks for any advice.

Ray

Ray,

This was on Ebay this week. Exchange RX400h chromed wheels.$550 plus shipping. This was the company listed. Hope this helps?

OEMRIMS COMPANY

Visit our eBay Store! OEMRIMS INC

CALL US @ 714-940-1761 OR EMAIL: OEMRIMSCOMPANY@AOL.COM

• 4 months later...