2001 Ls430 Cd Changer Jammed

jmclean907

Hi

I had this problem when I first got my 430. I took a chance and started poking a length of plastic trim through the CD door. Without really knowing what I would achieve, I did think I felt something give at the back of the unit. When I next turned on, the CD registered on the system instead of erroring and I was then able to remove all the CDs. I put in different CDs and have not had a problem since. The plastic I used was less than 1mm thick and about a centimetre wide and long enough that I could keep hold of it whilst poking it to the back of the CD drive. I probably was lucky to make the right contact and not damage anything!

If you want to remove the radio and Cd unit, the manual I have gives the following instructions

step 1 Remove the instrument panel finish panel lower centre - this is the panel that has the front seat heater switches on it - it should just prise out.

step 2 Remove the next panel up by removing 3 screws exposed as a result of step 1. The panel is also held by clips at each side at the level of the CD door.

Step 3 - Remove the 2 bolts exposed as a result of step 2. The radio/cd assemply is then held by 5 clips (cars without the multi-display) top left, top centre and top right of the radio and middle left and middle right of the radio. With multi display there are 4 claws along the top of the radio instead of 3 clips. The side fixings are the same ie clips.

My manual is for 2005 car, so may be different from your car, but I should think the procedure is unlikely to have changed

Obviously be very careful with all the above to avoid damage.

Good luck

Mike

jmclean907,

Have you had a chance to review or adapt any of the help from blackpoolmike?

Sometimes we forget to reply to someone that has offered help, and this hurts the forum as the members don't know if their advice was helpful or not and could apply it to the next person seeking advice on the same subject. Always acknowledge someone taking the time to help you, right or wrong, so we may all benefit and help others. A lot of nice people here willing to help and we all need feedback in order to feel we are being helpful or need to get up to date in order to help others. Usually the threads will address these issues and all is well as we follow and learn from feedback. Sometimes there is no answer and we are left hanging. jmclean907, don't take this personal as we all have busy schedules and sometimes take a while to address our problems. I am just speaking, in general terms to some threads on this forum where some people are never heard from again. I suspect most sold their cars out of frutration :cries: Just kidding!!! Thanks for a great forum.