Broken Brakes ?

lexdog

Hello Everbody :pirate:

I own a 01 rx300 AWD my rear brakes were chirpings so I thought it was time to replace brake pads. Easy enough right ... Well when I went to remove the caliper bolt and the damm bolt broke !!!! Snapped inside of the caliper.

Well long story short I replaced the entire caliper. Installation went well but now the brake pedal hits the floor before I stop.

I pumped the brakes and filled brake fluid as needed. Could air have gotten in the system ? How do you get air out ?

Any suggestion would be helpful

Thank in advance

Did you prefill the caliper? Yes air can and will get in the system if you open up a line to replace a caliper,and the caliper has air inside before it is filled. You need to follow brake bleeding procedures and bleed your system.

Jeff

Did you prefill the caliper? Yes air can and will get in the system if you open up a line to replace a caliper,and the caliper has air inside before it is filled. You need to follow brake bleeding procedures and bleed your system.

Jeff

I filled the caliper with brake fluid all try bleeding brakes again kinda hard with 1 person

Must be air inside your brake lines I ran into the same issue when I upgrade to Legend Gen II calipers for my Acura TL. Use a Motive Power Bleeder - a one person bleeding pump. Let fluid out until you see no bubble out of bleeding valves.

Must be air inside your brake lines I ran into the same issue when I upgrade to Legend Gen II calipers for my Acura TL.  Use a Motive Power Bleeder -  a one person bleeding pump.  Let fluid out until you see no bubble out of bleeding valves.

Brakes are working like a charm. I got a brake bleeding kit from checker bled the braks and now I can stop on a dime

THX Guys