Acura Nsx - The End Is Near

CanadaCraig

Hi Guys!! :)

Click on THIS to read the story.

So those rumours of the death of the NSX turned out to be true after all. The 2005 NSX is the end of the line. It's actually kinda sad. It's unfortunate that snobbery [for the most part] kept so many people from buying one. They truly only cheated themselves. [i know - I've owned my '91 NSX for just over 10 years now]

Reading through the article - one could conclude [as I did] that when the 'current generation NSX' ends - so too will the NAME. The replacement vehicle is referred to as an "ultra high-performance vehicle". It is not being called "the next NSX". [at least not by John Mendel, the senior vice president of automobile operations] Perhaps a new name would be more fitting anyways. I wouldn't call any kid of mine Elvis Presley - would YOU?! lol

Honda had it easy - relatively speaking - back in 1991. The automotive landscape has changed dramatically since then. You can now buy a 425 horsepower Chrysler sedan - for goodness sakes!! [the most h.p. you could get in 1991 Chrysler Imperial - for instance - was 150 h.p.] To say that the next Honda/Acura supercar will be 'as groundbreaking as the first' is kinda like saying the 'Titanic is unsinkable'. It's very UnHonda-like to even say such a thing. [so I was surprised to hear it] Besides - no one should dare to flatter themselves.

I wonder what Honda/Acura has up its sleeves. Hmmm.......

Craig!! :)

I always loved the NSX and wanted one before they initially hit the market. But at 6'7" and 250 pounds, you couldn't fit me into the cockpit with a can of Crisco and two shoehorns. I remember the thrill when my local Acura dealership called me off their sign-up list to come in and drive their first NSX when it arrived in their showroom in November 1990. We already had a 1989 Legend sedan that we had purchased from them as my wife's primary vehicle at the time. I went flying over there as soon as I hung up the phone and found out in a heartbeat that I couldn't even get my legs into the vehicle with the seat as far back as it could go. I was royally *BLEEP*ed to say the least.

Man, was my sales guy disheartened. He knew I would likely have driven away with that NSX that day, but his chin hit the floor when he saw me attempt to fold into that thing like a grasshopper. I still regret that Acura never redesigned the NSX to allow us giants to own that vehicle as well as all you normal-sized folks....