Headlight Failure - Passenger Side 1999 Ls 400

johndeere

The passenger side of my 1999 LS 400 headlight high intensity bulb does not work all the time. I first replaced the D2R bulb first and it made no difference. Then I replaced the ballast and it worked for a very short while. When I first turn on the light it works, but flickers and then goes out. We would like any suggestions as we don't want to keep spending money needlessly. Has anyone else had this problem. Thanks for any help.

The passenger side of my 1999 LS 400 headlight high intensity bulb does not work all the time.  I first replaced the D2R bulb first and it made no difference.  Then I replaced the ballast and it worked for a very short while.  When I first turn on the light it works, but flickers and then goes out.  We would like any suggestions as we don't want to keep spending money needlessly.  Has anyone else had this problem.  Thanks for any help.

you most likely have a short in the harness somewhere i would go see an electrical guy make sure that the connector is nice and tight first

The passenger side of my 1999 LS 400 headlight high intensity bulb does not work all the time.  I first replaced the D2R bulb first and it made no difference.  Then I replaced the ballast and it worked for a very short while.  When I first turn on the light it works, but flickers and then goes out.  We would like any suggestions as we don't want to keep spending money needlessly.  Has anyone else had this problem.  Thanks for any help.

you most likely have a short in the harness somewhere i would go see an electrical guy make sure that the connector is nice and tight first

If you replaced both bulb and ballast, then its in the connections. Clean up the connections and check your ground.