Rx 300 60000 Service

tburk

My 2000 rx300 is due for 60,000 service. i know that all fluids are scheduled for changing at this service, is there any other service included in this maintenance procedure, such as timing belt replacement, etc.?

Is there an official listing of steps taken during this service? I have applied for a supplemental owners manual be sent to me but it hasnt arrived yet.

Thanks folks.

Tom

My 2000 rx300 is due for 60,000 service.  i know that all fluids are scheduled for changing at this service, is there any other service included in this maintenance procedure, such as timing belt replacement, etc.?

Is there an official listing of steps taken during this service?  I have applied for a supplemental owners manual be sent to me but it hasnt arrived yet.

Thanks folks.

Tom

60K is the same as a 30K. Not all fluids require changing. Per the Lexus manual the only fluids that require changing are oil, coolant and brake fluid. It would also be wise to change the auto trans fluid, given the trans failures some RXs are having. Air and oil filter also get changed. Manual also lists re-torque drive shaft bolts (AWD only). This is unnecessary and rarely done even by dealers. Every thing else is just checks. You may want to check over at the Edmunds site. You can get a complete breakdown of RX services required at different intervals along with costs.