Aftermarket Switch In Glovebox

raptor_131

i recently bought an 04 rx330 and noticed an odd aftermarket looking switch inside the glovebox

it is small metal switch. and for the life of me i cant figure out what it is for. any help thanks. possible valet for alarm?

do you have navi? if so i have heard of people putting the navigation bypass switch in there...just my 2 cents.

i recently bought an 04 rx330 and noticed an odd aftermarket looking switch inside the glovebox

it is small metal switch. and for the life of me i cant figure out what it is for. any help thanks. possible valet for alarm?

do you have navi? if so i have heard of people putting the navigation bypass switch in there...just my 2 cents.

hummm? i did a little more investigating and dropped the glovebox down forward and noticed two wires about 18 guage one red one black. and the switch is labeled "on-off"

and it is leading down towards the floortowards driver side. im just not sure why or what you would switch but that is a very good idea. how would i test your theory? if i put the vehicle into drive would it simulate driving and thus test the switch?

im just scared of breaking stuff trying to see where this wire connects to. is there a blow apart diagram available to see how to remove the trim and front pieces? thanks

i found it! i removed the panel on the passenger side. it is a fm modulator with a 13pin cable leading up to the dvd unit. i tuned the radio to the sation on the device and played a dvd and voila! i have sound coming from all the speakers. ahhhhhhhhh! i feel a sigh of relief and knowing this i can finally sleep well. now the question is how can i feed video to the front dispaly? hmmmmmm.

i found it! i removed the panel on the passenger side. it is a fm modulator with a 13pin cable leading up to the dvd unit. i tuned the radio to the sation on the device and played a dvd and voila! i have sound coming from all the speakers. ahhhhhhhhh! i feel a sigh of relief and knowing this i can finally sleep well. now the question is how can i feed video to the front dispaly? hmmmmmm.

Hey thats cool

Youn can prob integrate your IPOD into it too!