Instrument Lights

razahyde

hey guys

I got in my car to go to the local walmart to get a few things and i turned the car on and then i turned the lights on but all the lights in my car didnt turn on when i switched the lights on the headlights turned on and the cornor lights turned on along with all my exterior lights but my shifter lights, cd head unit lights, climate control lights all stayed off i checked the illuminator knob to see if it was turned off but it was on full could this be a blow fuse or is this going to end up being one of those serious problem involving the lexus dealer :censored:

thanks

ive checked all the fuses under the hood and there all fine, does anyone have any ideas because i dont even kno where to start because this randomly happened my cd changer started working though but at the cost of my center consol lights not working and my cd changer hasnt worked for about 5 months now

Raz, isn't there a fuse box behind the kicker panels in the front seats? One specifically by the e-brake pedal? I just noticed that you checked all the fuses "under the hood" and not on the inside. I think there are some down behind those two sections.

NC211 i checked the fuses by the E-brake and thats what my problem was i had about 5-6 blow fuses lol replaced them all and now my lights are working fine, i finally dont have a problem with my car since i bougt it i wonder how long this will last, i really should get the timing belt changed but i only drive my car a total of 50 miles max a week since i have 3 cars so im not really in no rush but that is on my to do lists, are there any signs that show that the belts been changed i can look for to see if the owner before me did it?

The only thing I can think of is having your lexus dealer run the vin number for a mechanical history. Look around the 90k mark for a service performed tag, that should be the big 90k service where they flush everything and change out the waterpump and timing belt. That's about all I can think of. I'm not too savy with the engine details...yet. I'm sure I'll have to learn soon though, I got the a/c compressor whine, so she's close to kicking the bucket. Just hope it's not this August...God knows a man needs ac in august in the south.

God knows a man needs ac in august in the south.

O ya NC your right there this weather is killing me havnt had any rain for a bout a month now havnt seen any clouds for a while either this weather down souths only going to get hotter