Rattling Sunroof On Rx 330

carly

Just bought the RX 330. Its a beautiful looking vehicle. I bought the Breakwater Blue color with all of the options except the NAV system. Its not available with the extra large moonroof. Great vehicle, handles well but am having a problem with rattling moonroof. When the moonroof is in the half way open position it rattles. When fully opened or fully closed its fine. It doesn't rattle all of the time when half way open, mainly only over railroad tracks or potholes. The dealership said that it was because there is a cable that opens and closes the roof and that when the roof was fully closed and when it was fully opened the cable was tight but when its in the half way open position, there is some slack in the cable thus creating the rattle!? Sounds weird to me but what do I know?? Anyone have any opinions on this? Apparently they are notifying the factory in Japan about this and will let me know if they have a solution for it in the future. Other than that problem, I love my Lexus! Any advice greatly appreciated.