I Got My Lexus! Yay!

Hi, I'm new. I had mentioned that I was choosing between a 00 and a 99, but the 00 sold before I could ever get a look at it! I went with the 99 and get the price down to $12,400. also got a pretty good extended warranty (almost everything, $100 deductible, which is nice) for $1,325.

After driving low-end GM and Fords most of my life, it is a pleasant change. Smoooooth.

So, a couple of questions.

How often should I change the oil? 5,000 miles or so? Should I get it done at a Lexus dealership or will a standard Jiffy Lube be OK? What kind of oil is recommended?

I assume premium gas is the way to go and the extra $5 or so at the pump seems well worth it.

Also, I have no remote. How much will it cost to get one made?

Thanks.

p.s. Are there a lot of regular posters here? Seems cool to have a community to talk about cars. :D

Welcome! Lots of regular posters.

Congrats on the car!

How often should I change the oil? 5,000 miles or so? Should I get it done at a Lexus dealership or will a standard Jiffy Lube be OK? What kind of oil is recommended?

5,000 miles is good, I wouldnt pay the dealer to do it (Mine charges $240 for an oil change) but I wouldn't let Jiffy Lube do it either. I'd find a good independent mechanic to do the work and use Lexus oil filters.

I assume premium gas is the way to go and the extra $5 or so at the pump seems well worth it.

Thats a point of debate, run a search for premium gas theres lots of discussion about it.

Also, I have no remote. How much will it cost to get one made?

A lot if you dont get one from here:

www.lexus-parts.com

Enjoy!

I'd consider using synthetic oil personally & yes change it every 5,000 miles. Did you get all service records for the car before you purchased? Best of Luck with your new ride. B)

:cheers: