Ls400 Repair Manuals

stever

I prefer to do as much maintenance as I can on my own cars and want to continue this with my 1998 LS400. I do this so I can save money (my Scottish ancestry showing here!) and also so I can learn more about the car. I have a question for members- what manuals does everyone use? Are the CDs available on ebay worn a darn? Just wanted to open this up for discussion. Thanks in advance for your input! B)

I use a Lexus factory repair manual specific to my car. I got this on e-Bay a while back, but you don't see them for sale very often. I prefer the book version rather than the CDs - who knows what info has been transferred on to these CDS. Could be info left out or even inaccurate that could really mess up a diy repair.

I have the set of 3 paper books purchased from Sewell Lexus, a bit pricey but they've paid for themselves several times over in the 2 years I have had the 93 LS400. Worth every dimeif you are a DIY'er.

I have the set of 3 paper books purchased from Sewell Lexus, a bit pricey but they've paid for themselves several times over in the 2 years I have had the 93 LS400.  Worth every dimeif you are a DIY'er.

I have a mitchells on CD for years 90-2000. Tried to sell it on ebay, and they thought i was overstepping copywrites of Toyota, and deleted my acution, even though I clearly stated it was a mitchells. They said if I relist, they will suspend my account. I talked to the guy who deleted the auction ( a rep from toyota), and he doesnt even know what was written inside. They want to see all the non-toyota manuals deleted, and gone.

:) Thanks for all the input. Can you tell me what a Mitchell's is ? Is this similar to Haynes repair manuals? I will probably continue to look on ebay and wait for the right shop manual to come along ( I hate to pay over $100 for one!). Thanks for everyone's help. Steve.

:) Thanks for all the input. Can you tell me what a Mitchell's is ? Is this similar to Haynes repair manuals? I will probably continue to look on ebay and wait for the right shop manual to come along ( I hate to pay over $100 for one!). Thanks for everyone's help. Steve.

I'll sell you my Mitchells for $25bucs shipped to your door. Let me know if your interested.

I'll sell you my Mitchells for $25bucs shipped to your door. Let me know if your interested.

I'm still wondering what a Mitchell's guide is. I also will continue to look on ebay but it seems they are pretty rare. :rolleyes: