Brake System Warning Light

benjatelcom

I have been trying to track down the reason my brake system warning lamp is on. It seems to serve two purposes, parking brake reminder, and low brake fluid level warning.

The brake fluid level switch is a NO switch, and it is functioning correctly. Even disconnected it does not fix the warning lamp. The parking brake switch appears to be working properly, when I lightly engage the parking brake pedal I see the warning lamp get brighter (as in more voltage to the lamp as the parking brake switch is completing a second path of current to the warning lamp).

What else does the brake system warning light do? Does anyone have the toyota service and repair manuals? or does anyone have electrical diagrams?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

I really hate to say this, since it's gotta be ludicrously expensive, but it seems you have eliminated all possible culprits except one. The only culprit left is the CPU that controls that portion of the gauge cluster, assuming your '92 is wired the same way as my '96.

What else would normally cause the light to illuminate? It seems like two possible inputs would not require a control unit to manage the light. In the owner's manual it indicates that if those two problems are not causing the light to stay on, to have the car checked by lexus.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram from the toyota service manual?