Rims Rims Rims

well im stuck as to what to do so im gonna hit the forum and get some opinions. it has come time to replace the tires on my gs400. it has the 17" wheels and the tires are almost dead. i know i will need to replace them in the next few months. the problem im having is deciding if i should upgrade the rims and tires, or if i should just replace the tires on the existing 17" wheels. i think its safe to assume that i will be choosing the second, unless any enexpected financial obligations come up.

now onto another problem is rim style. i am torn between 2 rims. one is a 20" staggered setup and the other is a 19"staggered setup. the 20" wheel being a traditional 5 spoke design and the 19" being more of a mesh style. here are links to the 2 rims and all the info.

20"----

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43960

i like the look of the mesh wheel on some cars, but i think the 5 spoke is classic and looks stellar on the gs. just kinda looking for opinions and thoughts as to what people have or have seen, or who know about others that have one style or the other, or what they have seen and liked, etc etc etc.

this is gonna be a big purchase for me so i wanna make sure im 1000% happy and make the right decision.

all replies greatly appreciated. thanks

Sorry, no help here. I think mesh and 5-spokes wheels look great on the GS. The 5-spoke is a bit more no-nonsense sporty. I guess it depends on how you want your car to look. I assume you will be dropping the car a bit too, right? :)

Sorry, no help here.  I think mesh and 5-spokes wheels look great on the GS.  The 5-spoke is a bit more no-nonsense sporty.  I guess it depends on how you want your car to look.  I assume you will be dropping the car a bit too, right? :)

i agree about the no nonsense sporty. and yea im looking at dropping it probably like 1.3 or more???? i havent really thought that far ahead.....it kinda sounds like tein cs coilovers will be my best bet

Sorry, no help here.  I think mesh and 5-spokes wheels look great on the GS.  The 5-spoke is a bit more no-nonsense sporty.  I guess it depends on how you want your car to look.  I assume you will be dropping the car a bit too, right? :)

i agree about the no nonsense sporty. and yea im looking at dropping it probably like 1.3 or more???? i havent really thought that far ahead.....it kinda sounds like tein cs coilovers will be my best bet

Hey,

When you stagger the size of the rims, what does that do? Does it make th ride better or does it just make the car look better? I am puuting 20's on my GS 300 soon also. Not sure if I am going to lower it or not. The roads in Chicago are full of potholes!!! :(