I Was Just About To Buy A New Cd Player When...

...I noticed what this guy said in this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5776784525&rd=1

I was shopping around on ebay for the dash kits and wiring harnesses for the new cd player, when I noticed he wrote this:

THIS AUCTION ITEM REQUIRED 2 CONDITION TO MAKE IT WORKS. A: YOUR LEXUS FACTORY AMPLIFIER MUST BE IN WORKING CONDITION. B: THE AFTER-MARKET RADIO YOU WANT TO INSTALL TO YOUR VEHICLE HAS 4 RCA **OUTPUT**.( YOU WILL NOT USE THE AFTERMARKET RADIO SPEAKER OUTPUT).

What gives? The cd player I want has 3 pre-amps in the back. On aftermarket cd players, do all the preamps go to the factory amp? And what are all those RCA's coming out of the wiring harness?

Please don't give me a speech about replacing everything if I replace on thing because I know that and I plan on it but that's not a concern of mine right now. Thanks!

...I noticed what this guy said in this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5776784525&rd=1

I was shopping around on ebay for the dash kits and wiring harnesses for the new cd player, when I noticed he wrote this:

THIS AUCTION ITEM REQUIRED 2 CONDITION TO MAKE IT WORKS. A: YOUR LEXUS FACTORY AMPLIFIER MUST BE IN WORKING CONDITION. B: THE AFTER-MARKET RADIO YOU WANT TO INSTALL TO YOUR VEHICLE HAS 4 RCA **OUTPUT**.( YOU WILL NOT USE THE AFTERMARKET RADIO SPEAKER OUTPUT).

What gives? The cd player I want has 3 pre-amps in the back. On aftermarket cd players, do all the preamps go to the factory amp? And what are all those RCA's coming out of the wiring harness?

Please don't give me a speech about replacing everything if I replace on thing because I know that and I plan on it but that's not a concern of mine right now. Thanks!

i work at F/X audio man lisin up

no they dont all go to the amp one set is for sub amp one is for speekers and the othere is if you had 2 afftermarket amps for your system

back in the day i bought a panisonic 900u it had no amp bilt in so it had to hav 3 preouts to run mid's and bass you have three so if you bild a system with 2 amps you cam wire them seperet and controle them from the head unit

but really if hav to ask i sugest taking your car to a shop for the install i mean this stuff is prity much plug and play but if you dont know the conseps of the trade tri then you can get into some truble and fry your system.

buy the way they are making head units with up to 6 sets of preouts now

Hey thanks for the response. I've installed so many cd players I can't even count, but I've never installed one with some fancy factory tuned stereo. I think I might have asked my question kinda weird. I'm wondering what all those RCA jacks are that are coming out of that wiring harness in the ebay auction, and what did the guy mean when he said that.

Do those RCAs from the harness all plug into the factory amp to power the speakers? I thought that the rest of the wires would take care of that, which is why I'm confused on why there are rca's in there too. If you could clarify that would be great thanks