Cannot Register Vehicle On Lexus Web Site

jetman

Since shortly after purchasing my RX330 about 6 weeks ago, I've been trying to register ownership on the Lexus web site. Every time I enter the VIN, I get an error message stating "We are unable to process the VIN you entered. Please double check that you entered it correctly.", and I'm unable to continue the registration process.

I called Lexus Customer Service, and while the woman was very pleasant, she coulen't help me. My VIN and personal information were already in HER computer, but when she tried to register me through the web site, she got the same error message. She basically said "I don't know what to tell you..." She promised to check into the problem, but that's been at least a couple of weeks now with no results.

So, am I wasting my time trying to register? And, when and if I do register, what benefits do I get? Is it worth the effort?

Apparently it takes a long time - weeks - for data to migrate from Lexus to the registration system so it will recognize your VIN. This seems to be a continuing problem at Lexus. The consumer service on this has been the most negative aspect of my purchase so far. As a computer professional it really bugs me as there is no reason it should take so long and Lexus seems to take no interest in fixing it.

I got my Lexus RX400h over a month ago and it still doesn't recognize my VIN. I went through the same thing with customer service with the same result.

There is a virtual tour. Most of the features seem skippable but I would like to get access to my owner's manual online instead of having to page through the book. I hope it allows download of the manual but I can't tell if it does.

At a minimum if they are too lame to fix their computers so they talk to each other to transfer the data promptly, they could put up a message that says it can take a couple of months after buying your car before the system is ready for you. :angry: Instead their message suggests you are too dumb to enter your VIN right and need help! This topic makes me terribly grumpy.

Since shortly after purchasing my RX330 about 6 weeks ago, I've been trying to register ownership on the Lexus web site.  Every time I enter the VIN, I get an error message stating "We are unable to process the VIN you entered.  Please double check that you entered it correctly.", and I'm unable to continue the registration process.

I called Lexus Customer Service, and while the woman was very pleasant, she coulen't help me.  My VIN and personal information were already in HER computer, but when she tried to register me through the web site, she got the same error message.  She basically said "I don't know what to tell you..."  She promised to check into the problem, but that's been at least a couple of weeks now with no results.

So, am I wasting my time trying to register?  And, when and if I do register, what benefits do I get?  Is it worth the effort?

Is it a brand new car? I wonder if someone (previous owner?) may have already registered with that VIN #?

...just a thought. <_<

All the RX400 owners who tried including me were definately registering a brand new car. And Lexus customer service checked ours in another part of their data base and the data matched us. The OP, jetman, said the same thing.