Stereo Volume Too Low

I have a 91 es300, and standard stereo with cd-chager.

Problem is, at full volume it is not very loud ! , and no it is not a dirty volume control, it is as though it is on cell phone mute.

can anybody help??

Firstly, do you have the balance control set in the middle(left and right channels and front to back)? Also, is the lack of volume the same on both radio and CD.

If it's the same on both you possibly have a problem with the amplifier section.

I have a 91 es300, and standard stereo with cd-chager.

Problem is, at full volume it is not very loud ! , and no it is not a dirty volume control, it is as though it is on cell phone mute.

can anybody help??

Firstly, do you have the balance control set in the middle(left and right channels and front to back)? Also, is the lack of volume the same on both radio and CD.

If it's the same on both you possibly have a problem with the amplifier section.

Yes I have checked all the obvious reasons, and yes the lack of volume, is on everything, but if the amplifier is the culprit, how come the sound is perfect , ie no distortion or other nasties, and just the top power is missing.