Ps And Rack And Pinion

Angkorlex

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have ps and rack and pinion done? I am little disappointed that my ls ps, rack and pinion is toasted according to the mechanic at such an early age. I have driven many toyota before and much older but never such problem. By the way my ls is 96 with only 103k mile.

What symptoms is the steering exhibiting? Your mechanic may not have LS400 specific experience and, for example, may not know there is a filter screen inside the steering rack solenoid that needs to be occassionally cleaned to maintain low steering effort and reduce the potential for lubricant leakage.

What symptoms is the steering exhibiting? Your mechanic may not have LS400 specific experience and, for example, may not know there is a filter screen inside the steering rack solenoid that needs to be occassionally cleaned to maintain low steering effort and reduce the potential for lubricant leakage.

ps has been leaking a little for awhile now but not much, after two days of not driven, when i attempted to start the car the ps moan and groan and the ps fluid bubbling out of the reservior and it is very hard to steer. THe mechanic guy attempted to change the ps twice, the car steering remains difficult and the sounds still there. He also told me previous owner probably had wrong fluid in. as it bubbling i also not a typical AFT fluid. I notice that you live S.F, where do you go for your ls service and maintenance.