Check Engine / Trac Light

rsquare

i have a 1990 LS400. check engine and traction light remain on at all times. car hesitates at stoplights or pulling away from a stop. it is worse when it gets warm outside. i am thinking that it is either the O2 sensors or the mass airflow sensor or possibly both. any guidance?

Need to pull the trouble code that is turning on the check engine light. There are posts here that describe how to do this. Once we have the code we can provide guidance (opinions). It could be many different things: EFI system, EC system, etc.

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Need to pull the trouble code that is turning on the check engine light. There are posts here that describe how to do this. Once we have the code we can provide guidance (opinions).  It could be many different things: EFI system, EC system, etc.

Welcome to LOC!  :cheers:

I have a check engine light on, I took it out with the mechanic last week he said its a common problem but not a major one at all. I had it for about 2 months. All you have to do is run the system through their computer in the shop and your good to go. The diagnosis are certainly not bad. Maybe a glitch in the Lexus system.

:cheers:

I have the same hesitation problem. My check engine light comes on and off randomly, usually after a 10 minute drive on the freeway the light will come on, then for no appearent reason the light will go off by itself, then come on again, then off,.....

Went to Autozone and got code #13 for the Check Engine Light. What does this code mean on a 1UZ-FE engine?

I have the same hesitation problem.  My check engine light comes on and off randomly, usually after a 10 minute drive on the freeway the light will come on, then for no appearent reason the light will go off by itself, then come on again, then off,.....

Went to Autozone and got code #13 for the Check Engine Light.  What does this code mean on a 1UZ-FE engine?

Problem in speed sensor circuit. Could be speed sensor or ECU. :( Manual also lists skipping teeth of timing belt as possible cause.

I have a check engine light on, I took it out with the mechanic last week he said its a common problem but not a major one at all. I had it for about 2 months. All you have to do is run the system through their computer in the shop and your good to go. The diagnosis are certainly not bad. Maybe a glitch in the Lexus system.

:cheers:

The lights don't bother me other than I feel there is a problem. There is a hesitation during acceleration from a stop and sometimes on the open road but that is very rare.