Wrong Rotors Cause Vibration?

I have been getting vibration ever since i replaced my cross drilled rotors with regular rotors at a local midas shop. Now i have replaced tires rims, balanced with centering rings and without even on original rims too and nothing helps so i think that possible that the wrong rotors were put on. now if they did put on wrong rotors and put on say ls400 rotors which are a different part number apparently than gs400 can this cause the problem? only thing i can do now is spend more money on rotors and see if this corrects everything. what does everyone think of this ?

thanks guys

any recommendations to what type of shop i should look for. I have done it through three regular tire shops. one got really close. one did road force balancing. but i was thinking of going to a lexus dealer or bmw or mercedes to get it done. but the delema is in my mind. it all started the moment i put on the new rotors. i am tempted to replace the rotors and see what happens u think good idea or rebalance tires again from high end place and see before replacing

I've heard alot of people rave about the dealer, so maybe try there first. Unless the rotor are warped they should not cause vibration. it's possible when midas did the rotors they mixed some of the tires up causing a vibration. Or you could have a sticking caliper <_<

I beg to differ on the "rotors are rotors" comment. Cheap rotors are not factory balanced. If the new rotors you got have no balancing marks on the edge (a small ground spot where material is removed from the cooling fins on the heavy side of the rotor) chances are they are not good rotors.

In some rare cases, rotors come out of the foundry perfectly balanced, but it is rare. Every Lexus, Brembo, etc. rotor I have ever used had at least a small balancing mark ground from the edge. Alternatively, a small weighted clip may be placed onto a fin on the lightest side of the rotor.

I currently have a new (cheap) set waiting to be tried which bears no evidence of balancing. I'd be willing to bet that whey were not made perfectly. The question remains if the imbalance will be noticed after they are installed. If so, in the recycling bin they will go.