Nak. Tape Deck

So I got a tape adapter for my iPod, plugged up only to find that I'm only getting sound from the left side speakers through the tape deck. Radio/CD is fine. Think it needs a cleaner, or is it an internal wiring issue?

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like problem with your tape deck, I have it wired the exact same way with my MP3 player and I get sound form all speakers.

it does sound like your deck. have you played a tape lately? if same result... it's probably the head.

sounds like problem with your tape deck, I have it wired the exact same way with my MP3 player and I get sound form all speakers.

it does sound like your deck. have you played a tape lately? if same result... it's probably the head. i'd clean & demagnatize & then see... otherwise ya need a new head.

Yeah, I played a tape to make sure it wasn't the iPod adapter...only the left side.

btw: just a thought... you may want to hit radio shack or a discount car stereo place & see if you can add a simple "line in" & bypass the tape deck altogether... the audio quality would be even better as well.

bol

Yeah, I played a tape to make sure it wasn't the iPod adapter...only the left side.

btw: just a thought... you may want to hit radio shack or a discount car stereo place & see if you can add a simple "line in" & bypass the tape deck altogether... the audio quality would be even better as well.

bol

how would you set that up? Can you do it yourself? price?

I'm pretty sure if ya have some general elec. knowlege. Got a buddy who did it w/ his RX7 a few years back. Very nice Hack.

I know some cutting & soldering was involved to add input. But unfortunately I don't know how to do it. :unsure: