Rx330 Suspension / Steering Knocking Noises

OKEH1

I have a 2004 RX33O, April 2003 model and just wonder how many other RX's have noise whilst driving slowly over bumps or undulationg surface, also the steering seems a little vague and appears to wander on straight roads with slight cambers.

My dealer says it is fine , but I have driven many other same vehicles with no noise from the front end.

I would be grateful to hear opinions on anyones elses experiences or are these cars just noisy when the mileage gets in the high 20000's.

Just don't want to be caught out with suspension collapsing as a few Toyotas have been doing, and caused the recent recall of nearly one million vehicles. :snoooorrrtttt: :excl:

My vehicle is a RX 330 made in September 2003. I have about 25k miles on it. However, I've been having front end noises (popping) within my first year of owning the vehicle. Make sure that you can reproduce the noise often and take it back to the dealer and try it again. :(

• 4 months later...
I have a 2004 RX33O, April 2003 model and just wonder how many other RX's have noise whilst driving slowly over bumps or undulationg surface, also the steering seems a little vague and appears to wander on straight roads with slight cambers.

My dealer says it is fine , but I have driven many other same vehicles with no noise from the front end.

I would be grateful to hear opinions on anyones elses experiences or are these cars just noisy when the mileage gets in the high 20000's.

Just don't want to be caught out with suspension collapsing as a few Toyotas have been doing, and caused the recent recall of nearly one million vehicles. :snoooorrrtttt:  :excl:

I have a sinilar problem from the day the car was delivered. So far, (1,000 miles)replaced rotors (2x), balanced and alligned tires. not fixed yet. Dealer told me normal, I requested a meeting with Lexus to review. Keep you posted.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2005 Rx 330 with 47K on it...just traded in my 2000 Rx 300. Love the Rx 330, however noticed a popping noise when making a left hand turn at slow speed....it does'nt do it all the time. Any clue on what it could be? Also noticed noise (when traveling over a bumpy road) like something is loose under the transmission selector housing? Taking it to the shop on Monday...still covered by warranty.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with my 04 RX 330 w/25K mi. It makes a popping noise when slowly driving over bumps or orundulationg surface. It very annoying and I don't want a tranny or suspension to collapse out with my wife and kids in the car.

OKEH1 have you had success in finding out what the problem is?

I'm just wandering if anyone had the same problem, and would greatly appreciate to hear what was done to fix the problem?