Too Much Wind Noise

jetman

Now that I've had my RX330 for a little over a month I'm forming my overall impressions of the vehicle.  While generally I'm satisfied, the one thing that I'm somewhat disappointed in is the amount of wind noise at highway speed.  While I wouldn't categorize it as "excessive", I would consider it "moderate", certainly more than I would expect in a vehicle costing over $40K.  I am surprised since some of the reviews I've read made comment about the quietness in the cabin.  My old 98 Ford Explorer, for all its other faults, had less wind noise than the Lexus. 

Is it just me, or do others here think there's just a little too much wind noise, or am I the one who's full of wind? :)

My 04 Highlander has hissing front window wind noise when the windows are fully up.

If you bump the window down the smallest amount- maybe 1/8 inch - the noise goes away cause the gap (btw the rubber and the glass) then closes up on the inside where the window comes up thru the door.

Dealer replaced the outside horizontal rubber and metal weatherstrip a using the TSB instructions --- then later replaced all the outside visible rubber window "run" pieces. With the windows full up the noise will also stop if you push on the fabric interior door panel about where your elbow would rest if window was down. Dealer has sent the problem to the Toyota district (Jacksonville Fla)

• 7 months later...

Just a quick reply for now. I removed my roof rack before a 400 mile trip today. I can't I noticed any significant MPG increase. The noise was reduced however and washing the roof is easier. One thing to note, if you take the rack off completely as I did, make sure you seal up the holes with RTV or other reliable sealant. If you dont water will leak in. As for the holes in the plastic trim where the rack goes though, I'm ordering new trim to fix that. I'll post pics and a little write up if onyone is intersted.